Weight of Riches
Leveling up: When the amount of XP is reached to aquire a new level, your character does not immediately gain the benefits of that level. instead you must spend an amount of Days equal to the new level, in meditation and training. No master, or tutor is needed, but “in-game time” of this progression needs to be accounted for on the game calendar.
o= dazed ( conscious but cannot move & attack, can only do one not both)
-1 and worse is “unconscious & dying” .
Minus Constitution score (not modifier) is Death.
Each turn that a character is dying he makes a con check, if success he is only unconscious no longer dying. If he has a positive con modifier he heals that amount, if this healing puts him to 1 hp he awakes. If at end of turn he is still suffering from “dying condition” he suffers 1d6 damage.
Combat movement rules. ill be using some rules taken from the Dungeon Command mini game, very simple and dumbed down solutions. They do the job without being to restrictive. or annoying like attacks of opportunity
- If you move to or through adjacent space of an enemy your movement ends and you lose the rest of your movement.
- at the beginning of your turn if you are adjacent to an enemy, your speed is changed to be “5 feet” for the rest of your turn.
- (clarify Basic D&D movement rules) Everyone has 2 speeds, a travel speed, and a move speed, typically its 120’ (60’) the travel speed is for distance over travels and is not used in combat, the combat speed is your max move (if you did no Action). but doing an action reduces your speed by half. so ends up being (for the most part) like 3&4 edition where you normally would move 30’ or 6 squares in a turn if you do an action, or 60’ or 12 squares in a turn that you do not take an action. i will go through everyones classes and update their speed as well. for simplicity ill use the half move speed
Close Quarter combat (this does not apply to class “magic like” attacks. such as dragon breathe, and eldritch blast)
- If you do a ranged attack against someone that is point blank you suffer -4 to attack, if you succeed a Wis/Concentration check then you suffer only -2 instead.
- Ranged spells that are cast at a target that is at point blank trigger a Wis/Concentration check, if failed the spell fails and the rest of the turn is lost (but the spell is not) (burning hands is considered a reach spell not a ranged spell)
Concentration checks for casters:
If you rolled initiative to cast a spell, and you were wounded between your last turn and your current turn then you must make a concentration/wis check with -2 (if wounded) or -4 (if you were suffering any kind of negative condition) if you fail the spell fails and the turn is waisted (but the spell is not)
Changing initiative actions..
- If the new action is faster action than the one you currently did, no initiative change is needed. only if its slower will you need to role a new initiative for the next turn. so you roll your next initiative at the beginning of the next persons turn.
- when changing your initiative, If you roll less than your current initiative, (which would make you come up for a second turn) you still cannot take a turn until the next round starts back at the top of the initiative
Identify magic items:
- Magical knowledge ( lore), can be used to identify magic items of the same type as any magic item you already have identified. In other words if you have a “+1 sword”, you can use magical knowledge skill to identify if the sword is “+1 or not”. Doing so requires wielding, and risks suffering curses if items are cursed. Items must have already been “detected as magical” by other means.
- analyze — as spell, requires meditation of 1 turn. (Instead of 1 round) but will identify all items in possession that are of the same enchantment as the one you are studying. In other words if you cast analyze on a a sword that is a +2 it will identify for you all items in your possession that are +2 as well.
- Identify- a new level 3 wizard spell, and level 3 cleric spell. 1 round to cast identifies one item that is touched, but does not risk being cursed if item is cursed.